With almost no effort at all, pets manage to bring so much joy into our lives. They make us laugh, comfort us when we’re sick or upset, and are always there for us no matter what.
But they also have bigger hearts. They just want to love and be loved. And really, what is easier than that in this life?
What other species wants love and only love, nothing in return? Not many. A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he’ll give you his.
How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special?
Here are a few reasons dogs make the best companions in life.
1. They seem to have a sixth sense when it comes to compassion and understanding. Dogs can listen without judging. But when I’m upset, they know. They curl up next to me and rest their heads on my chest, staring at me with their big, innocent eyes, radiating love. And more than that, they try to fix whatever is wrong, the best they know-how.
2. Their reaction when you come home from work is priceless. My favorite part of the day is getting home and letting my dogs out of their kennels. They react the same way whether I am gone 30 minutes or six hours. Nothing feels better than knowing someone loves you that much.
Dogs spend so much of their lives waiting for us to come home to them, and having faith that we will. That’s pretty incredible.
3. Dogs don’t discriminate. It’s almost sad to think about the fact that a dog can be treated badly but will come back for more because he is so eager to please. Yet at the same time, dogs can save lives through their companionship.
4. They can provide companionship to children with learning difficulties
Children with autism and similar learning disorders often find it difficult talking to fellow human beings, but they have no problem at all with chatting away to friendly animals.
After all, your pets can’t answer back and will always keep your secrets!
5. They make sure you’re never lonely
If you live by yourself, or your partner works different shift patterns to you, it can get lonely at home unless you have a pet, of course!
Cats and dogs make great companions
Looking after a pet is a big responsibility, but when you consider all the benefits above, they make all that hard work worthwhile. Whether you choose to keep a cat, dog, horse or hamster, they’ll make a great companion.
How is you spending time your pet? Do let us know how much you love your pets. Capture the precious moments that you are spending with your pet companion into a photo collage
We would love to know your reviews through comments.